Web design is a crucial part of digital marketing because it can influence and affect user experience, user interactions, branding, conversion rates, and more. It plays an impactful role and can impact how well your business thrives in the internet age.
Your website is the space where most interactions with your consumers happen. In the internet age, it’s also where most of your sales come from. Therefore it’s an understatement to say that website design affects your online presence and exposure because it does more than that. It lets you further your selling and marketing efforts.
The Impact of Web Design on Other Site Factors
You might want to review your website design and whether it does the job for your business. You can commonly find its impact on other factors on your site, such as the following:
- Branding: Does your website branding genuinely reflect your brand? Does your business come across as how you want it to be to potential and current customers?
- Conversion Rates: Do users fill out contact forms, and are you converting leads and customers?
- Search Engine Optimisation: Does your website rank on the first page of search engine results for your target keywords? Do you perform well on results that are relevant to your products and services?
- Site Responsiveness: Do your website pages load fast? Is your site responsive?
- Competition: Are you outperforming your competitors? If not, what is lacking in your offering? What are your competitors doing that makes them successful, and you are not?
If you’re not getting your desired results from your website, you need to take a step back and evaluate. If your site isn’t performing well in the factors listed above, it may be time to redesign and optimise your website.
How to Improve Website Design
Improving your website design entails working on every aspect of your site. An excellent web design factors in other site components and ensures that all work towards a similar goal.
User Experience (UX)
User experience is at the core of good web design. You want your site to have an easy-to-use interface and accessibility on both mobile and desktop versions.
Visual appeal is another essential element that you need to consider when designing your site. You want your customers to interact with your website and get a pleasing experience out of it.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
A good web design considers SEO tools and features such as structure, aesthetics, navigation, content, and metadata.
Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO)
Conversion does not always refer to product purchases. It can be any action you encourage your user to take on your website, whether it’s email submissions, contact forms, booking completion, transaction completion, and account creation. You can assess all these to determine the success of your conversion rates.
Good web design considers visual aesthetics and how users interact with your website as a whole. If you want to optimise web design for your business success, you must work on the factors listed above.
Fruitbowl Studio specialises in creating websites that streamline your business operations and automate inefficient processes if you’re looking to redesign your website. We design and create digital products that bring your brand to life. We are a web design agency in Northampton that can help with all aspects of your website, not only web design. Get in touch with us so we can get your project started!