In today’s digital age, it’s not enough that your business has a website. Remember that the site isn’t solely an online representation of your company to promote your brand and sell your products or services. It’s more of an online store that upholds your business image and identity as well as fosters your core values, ideals, and philosophies. Not only does it reach out to a broad range of audience and connect with your target market, but it also allows business transactions to take place on your e-commerce platform.
For this reason, it’s necessary to strike a balance between aesthetics and functionality for your website to work wonders on your business. Along with this is to employ various forms of online marketing to kick it up a notch, whether Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), content marketing, or social media management. This is why web design and digital marketing must go hand in hand when creating and developing a robust site.
10 per cent web design and 90 per cent marketing
When it comes to website creation and development, know that a robust website is made of 10 per cent web design and 90 per cent marketing. Here’s what both entail:
- Web design: This involves the process of structuring and designing several elements on your site. It encompasses various aspects, such as web page layout, graphic design, and content production and display. When it comes to this, you have to consider your site’s visual appeal and overall functionality, where your ultimate goal is to create an excellent user experience (UX).
- Digital marketing: As the name suggests, this entails promoting your business as well as your products or services on your website. Some notable marketing strategies are SEO, to put your website on the top ranking of the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) environment and content marketing, to represent your brand and resonate well with your target market.
Remember, incorporating these two aspects during the website creation and development processes can make a world of difference in growing your business!
Top tips for your web design
If you’re looking to boost your web design, here are some top tips for you:
- Have a well-structured user interface (UI) by incorporating streamlined elements.
- Play with colour psychology for branding representation.
- Employ the minimalist design mindset of “less is more.”
- Allow enough whitespace for a breathing and calming effect.
- Focus on essential elements and get rid of the clutter.
- Utilise responsive web design to optimise your site for various devices.
- Have the UX in mind by having easy navigation, and fast loading time, among others.
Top tips for your digital marketing
If you want to allow your digital marketing efforts to improve your website, here are some strategies to implement:
- SEO: This entails optimising your website, creating relevant content with appropriate keywords and building links to increase your online visibility and website traffic.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC): With this campaign, you’ll create ads, have them displayed, and pay the network for every click. Doing so helps direct users to your website, which will increase your lead generation and sales conversion rates.
- Content marketing: This entails producing and publishing various pieces of content. Whether texts, images, or videos, your goal is to promote your business and sell your products or services. A perfect example of this is the blog on your website.
At this point, you now have a bigger idea of how incorporating both web design and digital marketing works wonders on your website. At the same time, be sure to consider all the valuable tips and information outlined above. Ultimately, all these will give you a robust website and kick your business up a notch!
We’re an e-commerce website design agency in Northampton specialising in web design, web hosting, and WordPress support. If you’re looking to incorporate web design and digital marketing into your business site, get in touch with us today to see how we can help!